Devon AreaResourcing and encouraging your church's music for worship
RSCM Devon is a thriving part of the work of the Royal School of Church Music, an ecumenical body which is committed to achieving the best use of good music in worship – whatever the resources, whatever the styles.
We seek to serve churches of every denomination and musical tradition and to organise training sessions and special services and events which will give church musicians the skills and resources they need to lift and inspire the worship of their churches through the gift of music.
Members of affiliated choirs and music groups, individual members and Friends to receive these benefits:
- Regular information about Area and regional events by email, in addition to publicity in ‘The Network’ national handbook published quarterly.
- Quarterly issues of the informative national CMQ magazine
- Discounts at RSCM Devon events, and when purchasing music from the RSCM Shop
- The support of local and national advisers who make visits and lend their expertise where required. Music leaders, organists and choir directors can call on advice and support, as can clergy and church leaders when problems arise.
- Knowing that you are part of a national and regional body which seeks to improve the quality and effectiveness of church music at every level.
The Devon Area Choral festival will be held in Exeter Cathedral on Saturday 8th October 2022
Visit our Events Page for more details.
Please click on the link to View June 2022 newsletter
Three presentations were made at the Area Festival on Saturday 23rd October in Exeter Cathedral.
If you use an electronic calendar on your computer, phone or tablet you can subscribe to RSCM Devon Calendar in your own calendar. Not only will you have the events listed, but you will also receive updates and new events as they are added to the website calendar. The link for the RSCM Devon is https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/rscmdevon%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
Click here for details of how to set this up on popular devices.
Now that the restrictions on of wedding ceremoies in church are beginning to be relaxed, and couples are once again planning their wedding, the following RSCM guide on planning a wedding may be useful. As well as some suggestions for suitable music, it covers advice on copyright and recording of services.
Please note that this document was prepared before COVID restrictions, and currently no congregational singing is permitted, but a small church choir may be used to sing the hymns.
|Website etc:||Colin Ashby|
|Diocesan Rep:||Revd. Canon James Mustard|
|Plymouth Rep:||Sean Sweeney|