Devon AreaResourcing and encouraging your church's music for worship
We seek to serve churches of every denomination and musical tradition and to organise training sessions and special services and events which will give church musicians the skills and resources they need to lift and inspire the worship of their churches through the gift of music.
Members of affiliated choirs and music groups, individual members and Friends to receive these benefits:
- Regular information about Area and regional events by email, in addition to publicity in ‘The Network’ national handbook published quarterly.
- Quarterly issues of the informative national CMQ magazine
- Discounts at RSCM Devon events, and when purchasing music from the RSCM Shop
- The support of local and national advisers who make visits and lend their expertise where required. Music leaders, organists and choir directors can call on advice and support, as can clergy and church leaders when problems arise.
- Knowing that you are part of a national and regional body which seeks to improve the quality and effectiveness of church music at every level.
Click here to join our mailing list and download current and past e-Newsletters
The government and Church of England rules on music in Acts of Worship have been revised, and this is reflected in the latest RSCM guidance which is available here.
Advice and resources from RSCM are available by clicking on the link below or by visiting the RSCM national website. This information will be updated regularly in accordance with the latest guidance. Please click on this link to view the guidance and additional resources.
Now that the restrictions on of wedding ceremoies in church are beginning to be relaxed, and couples are once again planning their wedding, the following RSCM guide on planning a wedding may be useful. As well as some suggestions for suitable music, it covers advice on copyright and recording of services.
Please note that this document was prepared before COVID restrictions, and currently no congregational singing is permitted, but a small church choir may be used to sing the hymns.
|Website etc:||Colin Ashby|
|Diocesan Rep:||Revd. Canon James Mustard|
|Plymouth Rep:||Sean Sweeney|
If you use an electronic calendar on your computer, phone or tablet you can subscribe to RSCM Devon Calendar in your own calendar. Not only will you have the events listed, but you will also receive updates and new events as they are added to the website calendar. The link for the RSCM Devon is https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/rscmdevon%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
Click here for details of how to set this up on popular devices.